Staff Training, Prophecy and that Social Media Thing
Our church staff is heading to Washington DC on Tuesday, May 16 for a full day of training in our new Administrative Software. That's right, we're upgrading from Fellowship One to Fellowship One Go! What does it mean for you? In the immediate, nothing. But, very soon, you will have access to another great app which will help you stay in touch with the church and with any groups you belong to. From the app, you'll be able to give online, view contact information for church members, and Stay up to Date with the church calendar and more. We'll have more info for you on that when we return, but please pray for Grace, Evan and Pastor Kevin as we attempt to absorb a full day of training.
Prophetic Coaching Seminar
One of our "Top Five" priorities for the next three years is to increase our awareness of and openness to the Prophetic gift in our prayer and worship. One path to being equipped and released in this area is to join us for a Quick road trip to Winchester on Sunday, May 21. We will be attending the "Prophetic Coaching Seminar" hosted by Crossroads Community church and facilitated by Wanda Alger. Wanda and her husband Bobby Alger have been friends of Pastor Kevin and Lynda for over 27 years. If you have any interest in learning more about the prophetic gifts, please let us know by emailing Grace at email@example.com. We would love to have you join us for this seminar.
That Social Media Thing
For the past couple of weeks, we have been encouraging you to use your Social Media accounts to help spread the word about what God is doing at River Oaks. Here are a couple of simple steps you can take to spread the word.
- If you haven't already, go to the church facebook page and "Like" it.
- Once you are there. Find a recent video or post, like it and share it with a comment.
- When you arrive at church on Sunday mornings, use your social media to let your friends know where you are and why you're there. Encouraged friends who are looking for a church family to join you. You can do this by using the "Checkin" function on Facebook as well as by posting a photo on Instagram or Twitter and tagging your location.
- Peruse and Subscribe to the church YOUTUBE channel. Stay up to date when any videos are added.
- While you're at it. Go ahead and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
They may not seem like much. But every time you like and share anything related to River Oaks, you are helping to spread the word and your friends and friends of friends will see it. Go ahead, Join the party and spread the word.