This Sunday I want to share with you a dream, or a vision of what the church CAN be. While we are certainly not, nor ever will be a perfect church, we can always re-align ourselves with the priorities of God and pursue HIS vision for HIS church.
Jesus was challenged one day to define the greatest commandment. His response went like this:
And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ “This is the great and foremost commandment. “The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ “On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.” Mt. 22:37-40
Two very main points on which to hang EVERYTHING. Love God and Love Others. That is a hint to the church I believe we are meant to be.
If you haven't started yet, I invite you to join us in our 40 Days Toward Holiness challenge. Verses for each day can be downloaded HERE, and the daily challenge is as follows:
- Read and Meditate on the verse(s) for the day.
- Pray and listen for what God is speaking to you.
- Write down the thoughts you have while meditating and praying.
- Share the thoughts with your Life Transformation Group and/or share them via comments/email with the church.
- Sometime during the 40 days (July/August) invite a family to spend time with you at your home.
- Read "The Pursuit of Holiness" by Jerry Bridges
I am looking forward to worshipping with you on Sunday, and I know that God has amazong plans for our time together.
See you Sunday,