Beginning this week and through the remainder of November, we will be focused on the opportunities that stand before us in regard to reaching to “the ends of the earth” with the good news(witness) of Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:8) As a local church body, it has been our blessing and privilege to partner with missionaries who are serving in places like Mongolia, the jungle of Peru, Italy, Papua New Guinea, and the Dominican Republic along with special offerings to support ministries in other places.
Through the generous “Grace Giving” in which you participate as well as our church budget, we (New Life Shenandoah) have given over $14,000 so far this year to international mission work in the areas listed above. That comes to a little over 11% of our total income for the year. Praise God for the provision He has given us so that we can participate in His mission to reach the lost through the earth.
Today you will receive a Grace Giving card that explains how you can continue/begin to participate in what God is doing at the “ends of the earth”. Please be in prayer, asking the Father what He desires for you to release into His ministries around the world.
On Sunday, November 20, as well as Sunday, November 27, we will receive your Grace Giving commitments for the coming year.
Thank you for continuing to help fulfill our mission to “Share God” with those who need him.
MISSION WEEKEND EVENTS:
- Saturday Evening, November 19
- International Meal at Lucy Simms from 6-8 p.m. with guest speaker Brian Weaver from NL Providence.
- Come join in a time of fellowship and prayer focused on missions.
- Please bring 2 international dishes to share (1 main/1side or dessert). Drinks and table service will be provided.
- Timo Vardalas, a missionary to Greece and Egypt, and a friend of the Zodhiates family, will be sharing with us.
- Sunday Morning, November 20
- Brian Weaver guest speaker, worship with flags & banners, prayer for missionaries and a display showcasing the participation of NLSV members in missions.
- Each person and/or family who has been involved in one or more mission trips is invited to pick up a poster board (per trip) today and fill it with pictures. Please return it by November 13 or 19 to the Burkholders or Rancks. We will be creating a display showcasing the participation of NLSV members in missions.
- To enhance our international flavor, everyone is invited to wear ethnic clothing.